Laptop IP address info needed

stu

Hi guys
I have a company laptop which we use a IP address to connect to a servers say 172.16.23.###
And I use a lot of different IP address on the plcs in the advanced setting in network lan 192.168.1.254,192.168.2.245, 192.168.3.245, 192.168.4.245, 172.16.23.245
I have an issue where I need to switch between the network how can I get around this is ? I have heard about bat files? But will that company into the advanced settings.
Any help will be appreciated thanks stu

I use these two:
fixed.bat:
Code:
@echo off
set /p name= IP address?
netsh interface ipv4 set address name="Local Area Connection" static %name% 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 1
pause
and
dynamic.bat
Code:
@echo off
netsh interface ipv4 set address "Local Area Connection" dhcp
pause
To add an additional IP you need this syntax
Code:
add address [name=]InterfaceName [addr=]IPAddress [mask=]SubnetMask [[gateway=] DefaultGateway [gwmetric=]GatewayMetric]
So maybe
Code:
@echo off
netsh interface ipv4 add address name="Local Area Connection" 172.16.23.245 255.255.0.0 0.0.0.0 2
pause

Change "Local Area Connection" to whatever your interface name is, or change your interface name to match the bat file

You need to run these .bat files as administrator.

I use NetSetMan http://www.netsetman.com/en/freeware
You get a certain number of tabs for free (6). If you pay for the Pro version you get unlimited tabs. No adds or anything like that for even the free version. It is a good tool for people that have to take their laptops to different locations with different IP's.

I use NetSetMan http://www.netsetman.com/en/freeware
You get a certain number of tabs for free (6). If you pay for the Pro version you get unlimited tabs. No adds or anything like that for even the free version. It is a good tool for people that have to take their laptops to different locations with different IP's.
+1.
I've been using it for the last 4 years or so.
Not a single issue.