Cam lock hose sensor as an input

Jim G.

We have a system where we are pumping glue into a circulating tank from the production line. The glue runs out of a drain pan through a hose to the circulating tank where it is recycled. The hose has cam lock fittings on each end for connecting and disconnecting means. If we have a product change and switch to a different glue type, the operator must switch the hose out with a different one and connect to a different circulating tank. We have to do this because there is only one outlet from the machine. The concern is that the operator will change glue types but forget to change over the hose, and cross contamination will occur between the 2 glues. It has been requested to install some sort of electrical interlock to provide an input to the plc so that programming can be done to prevent starting up on a new product without everything in its proper place. They want some sort of switch on the cam lock to detect a connection or non connection. Does something like this even exist?
I am open to other means of accomplishing this.

Thanks.

With 2 types of glue you may want to add something to sense which hose is connected - not just one was disconnected and reconnected.

That could be as simple as putting a magnet on the hose to one glue with a magnetic proxy sensor on the machine along with the above sensor - then you know that a hose is connected and which one.