GE QuickPanel+ Cannot Download

kevinkevin

Dear all,

I am trying to setup a entirely new QuickPanel+ (IC755++ series)

I have already setup the IP in the unit, and as well my laptop, and I am able to ping the QuickPanel+.

But once I tried to connect using Proficy Machine Edition, it gives me a Error 6104: Cannot connect to Target.

I have read through the manuals but it seems to be a simple and straightforward procedure, I am really at lost, can anyone advise?

As well, I am also using Proficy Machine Edition V8.0, and in the software I am able to select the older models of QuickPanel+ (IC754++ series), but not IC755 series, can someone guide me how I can update the catalog? As the manuals do not mention this at all.

Thank you very much.

Unfortunately, I think you have to upgrade your software.
The QuickPanel+ was only added to version 8.5 and above.
The latest version available is 9.5.

I do not know if any of the SIMs for version 8.0 added the QuickPanel+.
You might try the GE Automation Support site here.

To dYoast, many thanks! The upgrade in version did the trick! I am now using V9.0 in which I am able to view QuickPanel+.

Now I have managed to download the program, except that an error shows up:
The driver GE TCPIP Driver (DSV00292) encountered an error.

But really I am not using GE TCPIP Driver, instead I am using GE SRTP Driver. Is there anyway to disable this warning or simply just solve this error?

Has anyone experience this before?

I have seen it. When you add a new variable, PME wants to assign it to the GE TCPIP driver, to the extent that it will create an instance of the driver if there isn't one already in place.
Delete the GE TCPIP driver from the target. Then validate the target. If there are any variables assigned to the deleted driver, they will show up when the validation fails and you can reassign them to SRTP driver.