Rockwell 1756-HSC with a AutomationDirect TRD-GK100-RZD Incremental Encoder

Rob S.

I am getting ready to purchase a 1756-HSC ( High Speed Counter Module).To keep cost down I was thinking of purchasing Incremental Encoders (TRD-GK100-RZD) from AutomationDirect. How is the marriage between the 1756-HSC and the AutomationDirect Incremental Encoders ? Any special connections needed , that you have run into ?Thanks in advance and have a great week.

Do you think it would be best to use a 845T - ( code 5 ) 24V DC in and 5V DC DLD outor845T - ( code 6 ) 11....24V DC in and 11....24V DC DLD out with a 1756-HSCThanks,

It is not necessary to use an encoder with differential (line driver) outputs. Just jumper the return terminals on the 1756-HSC card together and connect to the encoder power supply common. However, the differential output has better noise immunity than the single ended output.

It seems strange that the Automation Direct light duty and medium duty encoders are available with line driver outputs but the heavy duty encoders are not available with line driver outputs.