Linear servo fault & rotary servo fault

sselvaraj

Hi,

Please can anyone help me and sort out below issue.

We are building a coil winding machine with servo motor concept
MPL - A230P-VJ72AA
Servo Drive - 2097-V32PRO-LM
PLC - 1769-L18ERM-BB1B
Rotary and linear rotary used

Often we get rotary servo fault and linear servo fault.
We reset in HMI and run the machine.

However, after sometime we get the same error.

1) I tried to remove the motor power (MP) connector and as expected the servo motor stopped running but servo driver indicates error code of <F 55> and manual says F55 is “Excessive velocity error”

2) Under no run condition, I tried to remove the motor feedback (MF) connector and servo drive indicates error code <F05> and the manual says F05 is "Motor over temperature”

I don’t think the above error could be a valid error code for the conditions that we simulated.

Kindly get us the confirmation on error code information and request to fix the above.

We also get FC14 error frequently

Note: manual referred – “Rockwell Automation Publication 2097-UM002C-EN-P - December 2013”

Thanks,
Selvakumar. S

While I am not very familiar with the specific model of drive, those errors sound reasonable to me.

Excessive Velocity Error would mean that the speed that the motor was moving at, and the speed it should be moving at, are different, and beyond the allowed difference. This would make sense if you had disconnected the motor power cable. The motor would not be moving, but the drive would be trying to move it.

Motor Over Temperature alarm, I would think that a temperature sensor exists in the motor, and is connected to the drive through the motor feedback cable. In the MPL manual, it shows a Temperature Switch on TS+ and TS- in the feedback cable.

MPL manual
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/mp-in001_-en-p.pdf