S7 200 communication between PLC and PC

vguellec

Hi everyone !

I have a project with a S7 200 PLC, containing an CP 243-1 for ethernet communication. So far I use to communicate with VB application thanks to PC Access.

My question is : Is it possible to exchange databloc between my PLC and my VB application with a TCP connection (like on S7 300 or S7 400) ? What are the correct instruction ? NETR and NETW ? Has someone any exemple of List porgramme with the correct configuration ?

The point for me is to save the cost of PC Access and make the installation on site faster !

Thanks in advance for your help !

Vincent

PC Access is not that expensive, and saves the time of writing custom code to handle the communications. I'm not sure why you would want todo it the hard way, but best of luck.

Hi Crossbow !

Thanks for your reply !

That's true but saving 200 euros on a small project is always welcome and the extra development I will do, could be reused for next projects !

I've replaced OPC server for my projects with S7 300 by a TCP connection and I see only advantage : reliability, response time, etc.
So if anyone know how to configure a TCP conection between a S7 200 and a VB application. To be clear, I saw that it's possible to configure Ethernet connection with Microwin but instead of a port number like in a socket, there is a TSAP (remote and local).
Is there any link between this TSAP and the port of my socket ???

vguellec said:
Hi Crossbow !

Is there any link between this TSAP and the port of my socket ???

Yes the TSAP is your access point and points to your socket

With Delphi and using a UDP component I connected to a PLC ( S7-300)... on the PLC side you define the IPadress and local an remote socketin a connection and in the PLC software ( I presume) you refer to a connection .

Eric