PLC not accepting download - TWIDO ( Telemechanique )

neerajpuranik

Dear Friends,
we are commissioning a machine having TWIDO PLC( TWDLMDA20DRT + TWDDRA16RT. The machine was lying idle for a year before commissioning. When we powered up the machine we have observed ERR LED in PLC flashing RED. After communication with PLC we found that the application program is not there. We contacted the OEM & he sent us the program. When we Tried to download the program the PLC is giving checksum error & download is aborted every time. I am attaching the PDF of all the print screen files I can capture. I am unable to understand what is checksum error & what will be the possible cause of it. One more observation is the PLC is not showing any mode i.e. it is not in RUN / STOP mode. The manual says it is in HALT but there is no way described to put it in RUN or Stop.

Kindly suggest
Regards,
Neeraj

Last edited:
This means that maybe program in PLC is not the same as on your PC .
Try this :
write a simple program like
LD -> ST
download to TWIDO

and run it
if the problem persists it means that the controller is corrupted - probably memory in plc

I think that the firmware version of your Twido needs to be updated to be the same as your Twidosoft version. You must download the firmware from the web. The option is in the Tools menu in Twidosoft.

kittydog42 said:
I think that the firmware version of your Twido needs to be updated to be the same as your Twidosoft version. You must download the firmware from the web. The option is in the Tools menu in Twidosoft.
Dear Kitty,
I tried with latest firmware but there is no change. We also tried writing a simple prog. of one line it is still acting the same. We also brought one new same PLC from local Telemechanique office & tried writing new single line program in it but still we are getting the same checksum error therre too. I am not atall understanding what mistake we are doing. Will u guys pls help.
Regards,
Neeraj

You need to either download Twidosoft 4.1, or firmware 3.5. Try to make them the same before you try it. I am guessing that the firmware does not work properly with the old version.

kittydog42 said:
You need to either download Twidosoft 4.1, or firmware 3.5. Try to make them the same before you try it. I am guessing that the firmware does not work properly with the old version.
Dear Kitty,
I tried everything today & I am in a hopeless situation. The PLC is not at all budging. Its stuck at "local application checksum is not matching controller checksum". I googled for Twidosoft 4.1 but there is nothing like that. So I downloaded firmware version 3.2 on processor & tried to upload user application using Twidosoft V3.2 but the result was same. After that I tried to connect the PLC with TwidoSuite V1.02, still same. I tried asking the OEM the Programming software used by manufacturer & firmware matching it but the answer I got was more surprising. According to him he has used Twidosoft V1.13. I again tried googling it but here once more I came to dead end as all the versions mentioned on internet starts from 2.0.
I am totally clueless about this problem as PLC is not at all giving any access to me. Its still in Halt & not accepting any user application program.

TwidoSuite is now on version 2.01.6. Go to Telemecanique.com and download this.

Have you configured the PLC and any additional devices, com ports etc., correctly?

As kittydog42 says post the program and the configuration details and we will look at it and try to help you out.

Dear Friends,

Sorry for replying late. I was able to make a little headaway in the problem of Twido. By using TwidoSoft V3.5 & Firmware version 3.2 ( as per inscription on controller PV:07 SV:3.20 RL:11 ) I tried restore utility provided in TwidoSoft under tab PLC. After I did it the PLC came out of HALT & went into STOP mode. Since RUN mode button was active now I was able to put it into RUN mode too but without any user program. As I tried to upload user program I again got the same old message of checksum error. After that I tried another utility provided in PLC Tab i.e Backup. I saved the backup in my laptop. I am attaching it here. I am also attaching a small part of program which my supplier has sent me instead of full program as our commissioning engineer is not allowing me to do so for the sake of copyright. so I have deleted few rungs. I still hope that I am doing some minor mistake.
File - Marsavco 1.twd is backup file from controller
File - Neeraj.twd is part of user applicatin as mentioned above
Awaiting your replies

regards
Neeraj

Can you update the firmware version to 3.5? I had a firmware version older than my TwidoSoft version on a job once and it gave me hell for a long time, like you are having. Schneider could not tell me what was wrong; I had to figure it out for myself after about 8 hours of #*&%.

I can't see an immediate problem with your program, but I won't be able to actually test it until next Monday.

Dear friend
I have already tried using Firmware V4.1 but still getting same fault so I reverted back to V3.2 as it was mentioned on the controller. There was one observation I had while connecting PLC through TWODOSUITE & TWIDOSOFT. When I uploaded the controller configuration in TWIDOSUITE it was giving Question mark on output module ( in description it was giving 16 point relay output module & not the exact model no. ) where as in TWIDOSOFT instead of showing exactly TWDDRA16RT it is showing TWDD--16--, which you can see if you will open file Marsavco1.twd, I have a strong feeling that this module is somehow courrrept & main cause of PLC not accepting program. But when I try to change controller configuration after removing this module controller is still not accepting it. Any how I have already spoken to OEM & he has courierd new PLC to me but still I feel we should know what went wrong. If possible I will send back this PLC to OEM for further checks.
Regards,
Neeraj

In Twidosuite, do to the describe tab and right click on the module, select the replace option, and you will be able to insert the correct module.

This will then clear the ?. If it doesn't I am guessing it could be a problem either with the expansion unit not being connected correctly or with the 5V bus line that runs this unit.

Jon.