Monitor and Record

TRACY H

We are looking at a Honeywell HC900 hybrid controller with a
Model 1042 to monitor and record the temperature of bearings.
Does anyone have experience with these or a better idea for
this application.
Thanks

Why not use RTDs into PLC RTD cards and then use a simple SCADA system over the top?

It would be a lot more flexible and you would then have the opportunity to send SMS alarms etc.

yes good way to have bearings in control.
we do it manually now as there is always a watch on the ships. and yes there is an alarm working on it. and the readout is logged in to the big machinelogbook.
so i would opt for a tempalarm/readout on each channel.
however if you have experience with these hybrid recorders they can be used for this purpose.
put the scantime fast but the print time slow.
use alarm switch of recorder to give alarm.
yesterday i used two yokogawa recorders with each 30 channels to have usda certificate to transport fruits to usa.

DATA

BobB
Thanks we`ve looked into plc`s but we need about 60
thermocouple signals and the plc and cards are quite
a bit more exspensive. Than the Honeywell stuff.

Shooter
This is what we have in mind. Just not familar with
Honeywell event programming. We were hoping someone
had hands on experience. đź“š