Cheap data logging / SCADA solution

mikas_m

Hello to all,

I have a need to make small process HMI solution to incorporate 3 analog and 5 binary signals. Problem is that HMI display must be very far from place where there are 4-20 mA analog signals and 24 V binary signals. Two sites are connected via LAN network, so connection is not a problem. Basically I need some small data logger that can make acquisition of these signals and convert it to a form suitable for transmission over LAN network (standard Windows LAN).
On the other site I would use some HMI application that can be installed on windows machine that is part of the LAN and displayed process values.

So basically I need the following:
1. Data logger capable to accept up to 5 analog signals 4-20 mA and up to 5 binary 24 VDC signals eith network RJ 45 port and IP address to connect to LAN network
2. Mini application to draw a simple process picture to be installed on Windows computer connected to the LAN in order to display the data.

Can you suggest some solid data logger and HMI application that can do the job?

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello to all,

I have a need to make small process HMI solution to incorporate 3 analog and 5 binary signals. Problem is that HMI display must be very far from place where there are 4-20 mA analog signals and 24 V binary signals. Two sites are connected via LAN network, so connection is not a problem. Basically I need some small data logger that can make acquisition of these signals and convert it to a form suitable for transmission over LAN network (standard Windows LAN).
On the other site I would use some HMI application that can be installed on windows machine that is part of the LAN and displayed process values.

So basically I need the following:
1. Data logger capable to accept up to 5 analog signals 4-20 mA and up to 5 binary 24 VDC signals eith network RJ 45 port and IP address to connect to LAN network
2. Mini application to draw a simple process picture to be installed on Windows computer connected to the LAN in order to display the data.

Can you suggest some solid data logger and HMI application that can do the job?

Thank you

Hi Mikas.

Google "IGSS Free50".
It's a full blown SCADA that is free until you need more than 50 objects (values) and more than 1 driver type. It runs under Windows (I use Win7) and has native drivers to 'all' PLC's.

Kalle

Thank you all for your suggestions. It is exactly what I need. I considered WinDaq software and associated data loggers, but this seems to be better solution.