Drill down to compactlogix

rrparker07

Lifetime Supporting Member
I may be missing something pretty simple here but here is my problem. I'm trying to go online with a Compactlogix that is on a private ethernet card in a CLX chassis. In the CLX program you can see the processor and can click properties and see the status. But in linx, when you click the ENBT card, nothing shows up. The CLX is V30 and the Compact is V28 if that matters. Any help would be appreciated!

What is your laptop/pc plugged into? Try plugging directly into the plc and check comms. If you cannot see it, then something is up on your laptop. Maybe you do not have the correct IP address set on your laptop.

The computer and the CLX ethernet card are on the plant control network. The private ethernet card is in the same 10 slot chassis as the processor and plant ethernet card.

with newer versions of Compact Logix processors you do not have to Drill down. The icon you see in Who when selected should allow you to go on-line.

I think I understand: you are connected to a 1756 ControlLogix chassis over Ethernet, and that chassis has another 1756-ENxT module that then connects to another LAN, which includes the CompactLogix.

When you bridge from your Ethernet through the 1756 backplane to another Ethernet network, you lose the ability to do the EtherNet/IP automatic browse on that remote subnet.

Instead, you must configure RSLinx so that it knows which devices to browse for on that remote LAN.

I don't do this often enough to describe the process by memory... let me see if I can point to the right RSLinx Help or RA Knowledgebase documents.

When you see the second 1756-ENxT module in the browse of the 1756 chassis, you need to click on it and expand to the Ethernet network.

If you don't see a Plus sign [+] icon and can't drill down past that second 1756-ENxT module, then stop right there and get the proper EDS file registered. You must be able to click that [+] sign and see the Ethernet network icon beyond the module.

On the Ethernet network icon, right-click and select Properties.

That's where you configure the devices you're going to communicate on that remote network.

Remote_Ethernet_Browse_Properties.PNG