AB Basic Module 1746-BAS

jimtech67

I need some help with AB Basic Module 1746-BAS. What is the designation of the bits of the first word of the modules input and output tables. The manuals do not list then. (or I can not find them). I only found the following.

I:e.0/13 = batter status
I:e.0/15 = run mode status

I am trying to trouble shoot someone else’s program. The seems to be a timing issue with slc500 and the device the Basic module is communicating with. I think some of the bits from the first word do not do what they are labels as.

First time using this Module Boy is it fun :(

GO JETS

Do you mean the serial port IO buffers?

I think you need to access those through Mfile transfers. It's been a while, though...

akreel I do not mean the M files I understand how they work. The M file are mapped to Basic module buffer words 100 – 163.

There are 8 words of I/O, 8 inputs and 8 outputs. These word are buffers 200 to 207 in the Basic Module.

The first word of each input and output have dedicated bit meanings. These are the designations I am looking for.

I think I see what you mean, and I understand your frustration with the documentation.

I haven't needed to access those words. I looked into it once, but never spent any time on it. Can you have your basic program write a value into one of those words and then look it up in the I/O table while you're online?

AK