AB Basic Module

wa5yom

I have a AB Basic Module (proven application) in conjunction with a SLC 504.
Upon start up, the process runs once and the basic module drops into "command" mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tim

Have you set the jumpers on the Basic module to automatically run the program at start-up?

Is it the basic program that runs once? If so, does your basic program have an end? You may need to create a loop (goto) in the basic program.

Is there anything plugged into the COMM ports on the Basic module? There is a break character (^C, I think) that is supposed to stop the program. It's never worked for me, but you might just be lucky.

AK

The jumpers are configured (on this module) just like my other modules in the same applicatio, the same with the basic program(it is the same).
The ACT light is Solid Green upon start up, after it runs once, the green light starts blinking (command mode).
Upon power reset, the light is solid green again.
Tim

Last edited:
What do you mean "run once".
Run one scan or one machine cycle?
The ctrl c command can be disabled by the basic program.
I believe there is also a way to control the basic card through the data table of the 5/04 but thats been awhile since I played with doing that. If you can post the basic program someone can help you out to verify that its ok.

Have you tried to swap the module out with the other machines also the processor and whatever device is communicating with the basic card. Try them each one at a time that will help verify where the problem lays. When the problem moves theres the issue.

Drewcrew6

i think your last command should be

GOTO 10

or whatever line you want to continue from. This will create a loop. Do you have that instead of an end?