Schneider Electric Magelis Touchscreen/ Vijeo-Designer Problems

Kris M.

I've been tasked by my supervisor to make a connection and do some testing with Vijeo-Designer (Web Gate specifically) and a Magelis Touchscreen.

I've been able to use Internet Explorer to connect to the Magelis and look at my Variable Table and HMI screens remotely. However, I am not seeing any of the integers listed in my Numeric Displays, and specific shapes that rely on variables to change colors (showing if an integer is within a specific range, for example) appear to be grayed out. Also, a large graphic that relies on the state of a Bool Variable is displayed regardless of the Bool's state.

Here's some pertinent information;

-I am using Vijeo-Designer V6.2.1.189.
-I am using Magelis GTU series HMIG3U Touchscreen
-I have set all variables used in the project to Read/Write until this is solved, then I will revert the variables that aren't changed with the program back to Read Only
-I have checked many times that the integers and Numeric Displays are set for Enable Input
-The HMI displays normally, regardless of what the Web Gate displays
-While trying to change some integer values from the Web Gate, an error message is displayed stating "Attempted IO operation (write) on a READONLY variable. xxxname_of_variablexxx
-I have gone through the HMI settings, entered Remote Access, enabled the Web Gate to accept any IP address attempting a connection, and tried to change all Publish Property settings to "ALL". After clicking "OK", those settings revert back to "NO CHANGE". I was concerned at first, but the "PublishTo" setting for all my panels are set to "ALL".
-I have gone into my firewall and checked that ports 80 and 6000 are being forwarded, and they are.

Looking at the help files for Vijeo-Designer has been exhaustive, and I am no closer to figuring this out. If anyone has some suggestions on what to try next, I welcome them. Thank you.

If you go in Environment, then security, check the Web Gate/ Web Server... It might be set to Read only causing your pain.

Thanks for the suggestion, Critt.

I did as you said, and it did indeed give me access to the Variable Browser using the Web Gate, and I was able to manually control the HMI to a degree. However, I have a new error message that prevents me from using Web Gate to explore HMI screens. This is the message;

Application Has Halted
Exception: Access Violation
Address: 00512396 00:00011396
ComSystem.dlm: Koohi.cpp: line 1118

Once this message has been generated, it is necessary to reboot the Vijeo-Designer PC. Otherwise, I cannot reconnect to the HMI using Web Gate or even download the HMI project into the HMI. I receive a message, paraphrasing here, that a connecetion cannot be made because Web Gate is already running and must be stopped first.

I'm glad for progress on my problem, but having another one crop up is frustrating.

If anyone needs information I have neglected to provide, please ask for it.