Code Meter license issue after Factory Talk Activation upgrade

Stonent

We're being required to upgrade all of our Factory Talk Activation installs to 4.01 to address a security vulnerability that was disclosed by Rockwell Automation. We had one that was upgraded from 3.6 to 4.01 that seemed ok, but the following day the equipment wasn't working because a program that I was formerly unfamiliar with called Code Meter kept failing its license check with the new Factory Talk Activation software. In order to restore functionality, we had to do a system restore on the associated PC and then the Code Meter was working again.

Since I'm on the IT side of this update, I'm not familiar with some of the applications that are used on some of the equipment. This system was a pre-packaged deal set up by the vendor.

Other than that, all of the other systems we've upgraded seemed fine. (That didn't have Code Meter)