Problem with RSLinx Factory Talk Activation

Coulombboy

Hello Everyone,

We have used AB ML1400 for a small project to control weighfeeders of a cement plant. The PLC controls flowrate of 4 weighfeeders in Tons per Hour, and is connected to a PC installed with RSlinx Classic OEM so OPC function is available. The OPC client sends the % setpoint of each weighfeeder to the PLC.

Initially when we have installed RSLinx, we are having problem with the system making the OPC client restart again and again, and the PC is hanging up. And then our client told us to remove/uninstall the factory talk activation manager as it is colliding with their software. As requested, we have uninstalled the factory talk activation, and the communication between their software and PLC has been made possible. But few days after, the activation of the RSLinx is only in lite due to the absence of Factory Talk. I have already explained to our client that later version of RSLinx only supports factory talk activation.

Is there any solution that we can activate RSLinx Classic OEM without having factory talk activation?

I am aware with EVMOVE, but since later versions only support FT Activation, i will set aside this as an option. Unless otherwise there is a way we can use new licenses and use old RSLinx installer and EVmove.

Thanks for your help in advance everyone..

:site:

Whomever this third party software company is, they're not going to get very far if their software can't co-exist with FactoryTalk Activation.

For a small system like this, I would install a non-RA OPC Server, like Software Toolbox, Matrikon, or Kepware.

Yeah I have tried that suggestion, yet they can't still accept the fact that thesystem is not working. By the way, the software is called QMC (quality mix control), of which the developer is I don't know.