Limitations on **** Free Account?

khelza

I have been looking into remote router options for quite some time now, and it's come to the time where I have to make a decision.

I've chosen to go with **** over Secomea mainly because it is the most popular remote router in North America, so I am more likely to see it already existing in control panels, and will already have the experience to support it if I choose to go with it now.

I am still a little iffy on ****, just because of the limitations with the free account.

- 1 VPN connection is allowed with the free account, which isn't a big deal to me, because it is unlikely at this time for two programmers to need to remotely support two different customers at the same time.

- Apparently the free account allows you to make as many accounts, user associated with and devices connected to that account as you want. This allows me to have account for each customer to easily manage the user and devices.

- However, I did notice on their latest brochure that they have a 1GB cap on data traffic per month? This seems like it could easily rack up the cost of something I was hoping to have a one-time cost for.

Has anyone else found any other restrictions/additional costs associated with the **** free account, or more specifically the Cosy 131? đź“š

Last edited:
Is your application for troubleshooting and support, or do you need to constantly be connected, monitor and datalog something? We use eWÎżns for remote troubleshooting and support, where we hop on, fix something, hop off again, and have never used up that 1gig limit in a month.

Jeev, how often would you say you're online in a month? As in, twice a week for about half an hour, or every day for 10-20 minutes, or something? I'm currently looking at a similar situation, but I have no idea how to tell how much data I would need.

Can you log into the account and check how much data you've used so far for the month?

The UI has logs and reports. There is one report for monthly use that has your previous months, as well as your current monthly usage. Looking through a few of our monthly reports; the average usage is about 0.35Mb/min, and the heaviest was 0.75Mb/min (Probably uploaded/downloaded something). We have connection times ranging from a few seconds to a couple of hours. Our primary use is for PLCs, so I suspect remotely accessing HMIs or any graphics will be more data.

At an average of 0.35Mb/min; your free 1Gb will get you roughly 48 hours per month in remote access.

I can back Jeev's numbers.
We have a Talk 2M Pro Account so I get a monthly summary emailed and it is also available in eCatcher as well.
I use the e W0Ns primarily for PLC changes and monitoring but also uploading HMI changes, and we average around 0.42 mb/min.
The reason we moved to a Talk 2M Pro account was for user access control.

Just to help clarify some people, your post is about the compnay "e W O N", correct? Looks like a strange case of the filter.

Yes, thank you for the correction, it is e W O N. It was showing up earlier, but must have been removed.

I would be mostly using the remote connection for troubleshooting and online monitoring of PLCs. It sounds like the 1GB would be sufficient as I probably won't be using it more than once a week or a few times a month.

Is it true that you can get around the 1 VPN connection limit by creating several accounts?

Is it true that you can get around the 1 VPN connection limit by creating several accounts?

Not sure I completely understand your question...
Are you wanting multiple customers to have access to the VPN?
or are you wanting multiple e W0Ns in one account?
or are you wanting concurrent connections to a single e WON?

Without knowing your client base arrangement I will attempt an answer.

First off, a e W0N can only be assigned to one Talk 2M account. A Talk 2M free account can have multiple e W0Ns in it but you can only connect to one at at time

If you have multiple e W0Ns at different customers, and want to give each of those customers access to their own VPN, then yes you could create multiple free Talk 2M accounts. I would recommend creating them with the customers info and then you'd need to keep track of all the different account login data.

If you have multiple e W0Ns at different sites, and only you are accessing them, then you'd want to put them all in one account. But then you can only access one at a time.