Looking 120VAC switched (from 24VDC) Outlet

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Has anyone come across a quality built 120AC outlet that is controlled from a DC voltage? I am looking for an industrial grade unit with the capability to handle 10AMPS (15A) preferred. Quality over cost and from a reputable manufacturer. Meaning, units are readily available if I need to get 100 of these next year. Looking around the internet didn't yield much in the way of what I am looking for. This is going in to a industrial manufacturing environment.

Thanks.

I would look at using a solid state relay to run the AC on and off with.
They come with about any 'coil voltage' one might wish to use.

I have a well pump. The original owner of the house (and pump) was
just plugging and unplugging it . . . the outlet was pretty well burnt
up. I installed a solid state relay and an on/off switch. No more burnt
up outlet - going on twenty years now.

Poet.

I have been searching and searching for this exact same thing. Glad you asked. If you have found any type of hard wired controlled outlet please let me know. You can find Wi-Fi, radio, and all kinds of wireless controlled outlets but not a hard wired relay controlled standard outlet. Scares the **** out of me that any home improvement store or Amazon have the wireless plugin outlets that are only rated for 10 amps. Just put a warning lable on it becuase average joe is going to check out the wattage of that toaster or heater they are plugging in to it. Every house has 15 or 20 amp circut protection backing that plugin relay. Fire hazard wating to happen.