Desktop PanelView Plus Testing Enclosure / Stand

celichi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone!

I need to build / fabricate a stand that I will use at my desk.

The stand will hold a PanelView Plus 6 1000, PanelView 7 1000 and a smaller HMI, 4.3 inch.

I am considering different materials, plastic, wood (painted) or metal, but not sure which way to go.

I was wondering if anyone else here has undertaken a similar task, and if you did, what did you end up with?

I would basically like to have the HMI at 90 or a slight slope to avoid glare.

It doesn't need to have any Nema rating, as this is only for development and testing on my desk.

This is to avoid having to lean the HMI up against something and having it slide around when you are pushing on it.

Hoping for light and cheap.

I would be building this for myself, by myself.

Best regards,

Paul

HMI Desk.jpg

This is a test stand on loan from my local AB rep. It is a simple bent-metal stand with a cut-out for a PanelView and a 24VDC power supply in the back.

IMG_0727.jpg

As above, but I just got the guys in the workshop to make a cut out in some ally and bent the bottom 150mm to make the standy bit.

Red Lion has a nice cardboard stand built into the packaging.............

Thanks, didn't know that. Is there a toy in the box as well? Just joking.

I used to have that on my desk, I just cut out a hole in the box that the PanelView came in, but management and customers have zero sense of humor.

As above, but I just got the guys in the workshop to make a cut out in some ally and bent the bottom 150mm to make the standy bit.

Is "standy bit" a technical term? :ROFLMAO:

FYI, "ally" probably refers to "aluminium" (or "aluminum" for all you 'merican folk :) )