Panel View Alarm msg

edwinmart

I am want to generate an alarm each time a tag DINT change from 0 to ANY value but in the messege window I only see the option of assign a bit or a value theres any way to work as X>0. I need to do this because I want to show the value of the tag on the Alarm msg. If I use another tag to trigger I will get the error of "not in the same scan group".

The alarm messages are designed to trigger based on a specific value. If you want the same message to appear for any value, then you will probably have to use ladder logic to set another value and use that value to trigger your message. As far as the error you get, you would have to explain how your comms are set up in detail in order to solve that...this is assuming you're talking about Panelbuilder32

Hi,

In Panelbuilder 32, follow these steps,

1. Make a tag with the address of the word you want your alarm words appear, say Tag Name - "Alarm_Status", Save and close
  2. On the left plane of PB32, double click on Alarm Setup
  3. On the "Trigger Tag" pull down menu, point to your tag "Alarm_Status"
  4. On the "Trigger Type" choose 'Value', and click OK to close.
  5. Create your alarm messages in "Alarm messages" - assign the values for it to appear and choose "@AllTriggers" at the Trigger column.
Now a value assigned to the tag 'Alarm_Status" of the PLC, will trigger the message in your alarm banner.

Last edited: