Micrologix 1400 Won't Power Up

Natha1k9

I have a micrologix 1400 Cat. 1766-L32BXBA Ser. A Rev. C that currently won't power up. When power is applied the power and fault LEDs come on and stay solid. The screen doesn't turn on, flicker or anything. This PLC failed while in the field with the previous mentioned symptoms and is currently doing the same thing while connected to a power supply in our shop. We also have many 1400's connected to identical power supplies so they are not the problem.

The ethernet and serial port also don't work for communication so if there is a fault i'm not able to see the code.

Has anyone seen this issue? Just want to know if there is a board we can replace or if the PLC is completely screwed.

Thanks.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

On the MicroLogix 1400, solid on POWER and FAULT LEDs upon power up means either a "Processor Memory Error" or "Processor Hardware Error" exists. The only solution to this is cycling the power, which of course should be 24VDC for a 1766-L32BXBA. If that has not worked, which has apparently not, then you can only repair or replace the controller...

37814 - Solid Red Fault in SLC or MicroLogix controller
Access Level: TechConnect

Sorry for your loss!

Regards,
George