So Machine Updates error

lesmar96

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have had some issues with my SoMachine V4.3 the last while and I am not sure what is going on. The DTM for the ATV320 was not updating and hanging up my software. I eventually worked it those bugs out by reinstalling the SoMachine software. Unfortunately, Schneider tech didn't have much to offer.

Now the only thing I don't have figured out is why the updates won't install. The SoMachine Software Update downloads the updates, but when I try to install them, I get a windows installer error.

Schneider says this is something on my laptop that is causing this, such as anti-virus, but I have done everything short of uninstalling my anti-virus software. I am am not sure what else to do.

has any one else ran into this error or give me any suggestions on what to try?

update.JPG

I have not experienced this issue. Have you tried starting the install directly on the file and not install via the software updater? Also when starting the install directly on the file try to run it as administrator. Maybe also try closing the software updater and running it again as administrator

I tried installing directly from the file and running it as adminstrator. Also I have tried running the updater as administrator also. No go.

I am not convinced it isn't something on the windows side of things. I'm running Win10 if that makes any difference.

I am still grappling with this issue. Schneider tech support ran out of options except to say that it is my antivirus software, which I have disabled when trying to get this to work.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this by now?

I have SoMachine v 4.3. I am simply trying to install several updates that have shown up in the Scheider Electric Software Update tool. Several DTM library updates etc.

As of this morning, my IT has disabled the Webroot antivirus from this pc and it has made no difference.

What I have been trying to figure out is if this is an problem with the Windows installer or if this is a problem with the install file.