Schneider Vijeo & Unity Pro Question

Martindag

Hi guys,

I mostly used AB product to work in my life, View Studio ME, RSLogix500 and RSLogix5000.

Some company asked me to work for them and mainly use Schneider product and was wondering how big is the gap to jump between AB and Schneider product ?

Also maybe some recommendation if you have any to suggest or is there anything very similar between both product ? or someone faster to learn etc ?

Thanks !

Last edited:
I figured it out and so can you.
I am not all that bright, but have managed to get by for the last 6 years with the Schneider systems.
You have to have the appropriate programs ans understand some of the Gotchas with Magellis and Vijeo Designer with the program changes in the PLC.
A little study and you should be OK.
Make sure you maintain the proper version control for backups as usual.
Basically a PLC is a PLC.

Unity pro is pretty good. It is tag based like RSLOGIX so you will pick it up fine.
THE look and feel is a bit different but it seemed like a powerful software package.
The PLCS I used were very nice and compact.
Biggest positive for me is that Unity Pro has a REAL simulator built it. You can run and simulate your program without a plc. You can even connect a HMI to your simulator without a plc. it's awesome, not like that piece of **** Allen Bradley calls a simulator.

Biggest positive for me is that Unity Pro has a REAL simulator built it. You can run and simulate your program without a plc.

It is even possible to simulate PLC on different computer and use another computer with scada to connect to this simulated PLC
(Simulated PLC have computer's IP to outside)

There is only couple things what can't be simulated. Adjusting PLC clock and master communication from simulated PLC to slaves, maybe some others too.

Nice! I got unity pro and vijeo at my current job i guess i will borrow them and start some training with their simulator

Thanks for the feedback guys

Can't speak to the Schneider PLC, but their HMI is not too difficult.
Just think buttons, number displays and alarms at first. Build up from there and you'll be fine.

Can you post back how it goes? What's better/worse , etc?

After a while you just accept how it works and forget what's different.
I'm sure that would help other people new to Schneider/AB.

I installed unity and vijeo this morning and tried them a little, it seem alot more simple to use than the AB plc and hmi but i still got tons of thing to learn their simulation mode is awesome