Siemens analog 314c

geniusintraining

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
So I have a project im working on its a 6ES7314-6EH04-0AB0

I thought the analog was straight forward... but its not working, I am using TIA Pro

I have a pot connected to below and verified the voltage is ranging from 0-10v
+10v to terminal 2
- to terminal 4 also 20

Wrote a move from %IW800 to %QW800 went on line and its showing IW800 at 0 regardless of the voltage applied, looking at the configuration it look like everything was set to voltage by default any thing else to configure?

All the digital parts of the program are working correctly

Anyone searching this is the manual http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/12996906

Try PIW800 and PQW800.
The addresses are outside of the default image size so must be addressed with P for peripheral.

Try PIW800 and PQW800.
The addresses are outside of the default image size so must be addressed with P for peripheral.

To add on to that, this isn't something that's an issue for 1200s and 1500s because ALL the I's and Q's are process image.

For 300s (and I think 400s) the CPUs have a maximum process image size smaller than the available IO, and the default setting is much lower than that. By default, digital IO is assigned addresses inside the process image, and analogs (or smart devices with multi-word telegrams like drives, robots, etc) are put above that and must be read in manually. You could also have changed the IO address to be inside the process image limit and accessed the data normally.

You could also have changed the IO address to be inside the process image limit and accessed the data normally.

Yep never had that issue before but this was the first time using TIA for a 300, I have always used Step7 but the end user is going to use both TIA and Step7 so I just wanted to make sure there was not a issue ( learned something today :) ) that said out of curiosity how would I put the address in the data limit?

You can configure the I/O to not be part of the process image for the 1500 CPUs - I use the equivilant of SFC14/15 to transfer data to/from the device (done this way to minimise the re-write required when migrating from S7-300 to S7-1500)

tiap.jpg

Same project... trying to get 2 networks to run in STL, just flashes the outputs so I can test the I/O and gives my customer something to look at, this STL works great on a 315 or other 300's using Step7 and STL, anyone see a reason it will not work with my 314c and TIA? getting a error , can you not use a S5T timer in TIA? or should this work and I need to keep trying

Thank you!

STL.png

Are you asking if we think it will work or not ?
Or does it not work and you are asking why not ?

I think it will work. TIA supports S5 timers for both S7-300 and S7-1500.
If it does not work, can you provide some details ?
Is M0.1 one of the clock bits in the 314C CPU ? You have to set the clock bits active in the TIA project as well.

N.B. I think that Ladder is much easier to troubleshoot.

Are you asking if we think it will work or not ?
Or does it not work and you are asking why not ?

I think it will work. TIA supports S5 timers for both S7-300 and S7-1500.
If it does not work, can you provide some details ?
Is M0.1 one of the clock bits in the 314C CPU ? You have to set the clock bits active in the TIA project as well.

N.B. I think that Ladder is much easier to troubleshoot.

Thanks JesperMP,

Both, I know it works on a 315 but I wrote it in a 314c and it does not work, I did not have a lot of time so I just moved on... I forgot the exact error, I will get it next time and I will try to troubleshoot it more, when I got the error trying to compile I thought it maybe the S5 timer, the 2nd network will convert to ladder but the first will not

I will be back on this later this week

Thanks again
Mark