Help needed in selecting a suitable PLC for demonstration purposes

One thing just is plain wrong.
arbj wants to showcase his system with a PLC that supports Ethernet/IP.
As soon as you have Ethernet/IP in the mix, it is clear that the potential customers are not in the low-end. Such customers with Ethernet/IP will want a Compactlogix or a controllogix, not a Micro800 or a MicroLogix (*).
Code written for a Micro800 or a Micrologix cannot be immediately ported to Conmactlogix/controllogix.

*: This just shows that Rockwell's decision to not have a low-end PLC that support the full ControlLogix programming functionality is confusing for the end-customers.
I bemoan that Micro800, MicroLogix and ControlLogix are all incompatible with each other.

Similar Topics

I have an old PLC (circa 2007) consisting of Telemecanique/Modicon/Schneider Electric devices. The system has developed errors and unfortunately...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m after some help , I have a plc program with a baumer verisens vision camera attached I have got the signals working ect but I have an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We are facing synching issues with redundancy module, where the Primary is ending up with disqualified secondary. Normally this would...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have got this machine that needs to be up and running soon. This machine has Schneider's Controller and I/O modules, 3 vfd's, 2...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to write to the high speed counter function file "high speed preset" on an AB micro 1100. I have the HSC set up with a MOV...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom