Hello everyone

Here is the equipment:
AB SLC 5/05 tied to plant ethernet network
AB VersaView touchscreen HMI
Wonderware factory suite

Process overview:
Chrome Plating Line

What needs to happen:
When a load goes into each of the stations on the line the temperature of the solution, time in station, (if it is an electrified station) the DC voltage, and DC amperage for each load is moved into an intiger file. This data then follows each load throughout the process so that it can be viewed from the HMI on the historical data screen. What I need to do is once the load gets done with the process and is sitting in the unload area I need to transfer the historical data in an understandable format to a spreadsheet that can be printed.

I have seen an application where cycle steps were downloaded from MS excel to the PLC but I am not sure how this works or how to do it in reverse.

Any thoughts you guys have on this subject would help.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok I did what I should have done in the first place I used the search function (amazing technology we have here).

I think I figured out how to do it but here is the next question.

I have three lines that I need to do this on is it possable to collect data from all three lines to the same PC I figure that I will use three seperate worksheets in excel to store each of the lines data.

Or will I have to use another PLC that the others send the data to then have excel read that PLC?

Thanks again

Bigginers Question?

Hi Everyone, I have a question, does enyone have the LogixPro 500 Simulator? Can enyone helpme programming the elevator excercise and the batching simulator excercise?