Why doesn't WebView work anymore in GE Cimplicity PE 6.1 (SP6)

mbartoli

We have been running a project on PE 6.1 SP5 - on 8 servers, and have set up WebView on one server to broadcast one screen. We had originally been using Series 90 Ethernet and S90 Redundancy as protocols, since this had been an upgrade from ver. 4.0... GE support suggested converting to Triplex to cure some intermittent timeout errors, and applying SP6. This entailed uninstalling and reinstalling to add Triplex. Since then, the WebView screen is still broadcast, but all the screen animation points on it are blacked out, like a CimView screen with no comms or login. The actual CimView screen being called by WebView works well.

Any ideas? - GE support is stumped, and uninstall/reinstalls are painful.

We have been running a project on PE 6.1 SP5 - on 8 servers, and have set up WebView on one server to broadcast one screen. We had originally been using Series 90 Ethernet and S90 Redundancy as protocols, since this had been an upgrade from ver. 4.0... GE support suggested converting to Triplex to cure some intermittent timeout errors, and applying SP6. This entailed uninstalling and reinstalling to add Triplex. Since then, the WebView screen is still broadcast, but all the screen animation points on it are blacked out, like a CimView screen with no comms or login. The actual CimView screen being called by WebView works well.

Any ideas? - GE support is stumped, and uninstall/reinstalls are painful.

Additional information... whenever I attempt to start a WebView session, I get an entry in the logfile with this information

Status - Failure

Process - CVd4

Procedure - Gmmi Prowler Message Box

Source - COR_GMMI_ERR

Thanks in advance!!!