CIP - Ethernet/IP - Communication

manojvivek

Hi All,
While communicating with ControlLogix PLC using CIP (Ethernet/IP) protocol, I am stuck up with handling different structured data types (at least pre-defined structures). I have a question in this context. Can we make the ControlLogix PLC respond in Formal Encoding format for structure data types instead of using Abbreviated Encoding Format? I mean, how to switch the controllogix PLC from FormalEncoding to AbbreviatedEncoding?. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

regards,

Manoj

Re:CIP-Ethernet/IP

Are you using MSG instructions with CIP Data table Read/Write OR Using your own code with RSLinx SDK for communication ? If using MSG Instructions , don't worry about data structures , it will take care of it . Please explain more of your requirment so that I may be able to help you.

Yes, we are using CIP services to communicate with ControlLogix through 1756ENET. It is our own code without using RSLinx. Hope you can provide necessary help for switching the PLC to communicate in FormalEncodingFormat.