Omron cqm1 problem getting online

SMAXA6

Hello Can anyone help me
I am fairly new to Omron and have not used it for about 2 years
I am trying to get online to a Omron CQM1 PLC CPU21
I have had it online about 2 years ago and made a program which is running
I have made a serial cable and this worked before.
I am using cx programmer v 6.1.
I use auto online and see the yellow lap flashing on the plc as if it is communicating.
After auto online i just seem to have an empty program on my laptop in offline mode but can my old program running on the plc outputs.
Any ideas would be appreciated

If you are getting online and can see the run or monitor buttons depressed in CX-P then drop down 'PLC' 'Transfer - From PLC. There will be no comments - those old tigers did not store comments - but you should be able to upload the program. Make sure you transfer from PLC not to PLC or you will erase the program.

hello Bob
I am not getting online
I use auto online
The CX program asks me "do you wish to transfer program from plc after onlined automatically?"
I click yes. it then does auto search
using com1 9600, even, 7,2
on the plc I see the com2 lamp blinking as if it is communicating
then on my laptop i get an Untitled -cx program which has no ladder program in it. It is offline , the run , monitor all operating modes are greyed out.
under PLC the transfer to and from PLC are all greyed out.
There are no error messages to be seen