GE FANUC 90 series PLC Communication

Jing Zhi

Hi, all gentlemen

Before, our plant use GE FANUC CPU350, only one port on the PS mould can connect to laptop. But now we change to CPU363, both this CPU and PS mould have the same port, additionally, the CPU mould also have a RJ11 RS232 port.

I do not know which one I can use among this 3 port to connect to my laptop?

Please kindly help me!

If I have made any mistake on the language please kindly correct me, this will be great appreciate. And, forgive me since my Chinese style English.

Jing Zhi

You can connect to any of the three. For the 15-pin (Port 2), use the same RS485/RS232 converter that you use with the port on the power supply. For the RJ-11 (Port 1), use cable IC693CBL316.

The above assumes that neither of the ports on the CPU have been reconfigured to use any other protocol.