Transfer Project from GE 90-70 to PAC System (Rx7i)

jawad rasool

Dear all,

good day

I'm looking for some help in transferring a project from GE 90-30 to GE PAC System (Rx7i), if someone had already done it or know about any manual containing information about the procedure, please let me know....

My major concerns are;

Will I've to modify the PLC Logic?
Will the Addressing be changed in this procedure??

There is a manual available here, but it does not specifically cover 90-30 to Rx7i.
The manual number is GFK-2722. If you do not have an account, you can create one to be able to download this manual.

I have not converted a 90-30 to an Rx7i, but I have to an Rx3i.
The addresses did not change, but there can be problems with the nickname of the variable.

There are some instructions that are different, so some of the logic may have to be modified.
There are also newer instructions available that may make you WANT to change the logic. I was able to eliminate some rungs after a conversion because of the newer instructions.

When you convert, a report is generated and shown in the info viewer. Any problems will be listed.

Just FYI, the Rx3i 12-slot backplane fits into the same mounting holes as the 90-30 10-slot backplane.
Also, you can use some 90-30 I/O modules with an Rx3i.
You may consider changing your Rx7i to an Rx3i and make your conversion even smoother.

Last edited:
There is a manual available here, but it does not specifically cover 90-30 to Rx7i.
The manual number is GFK-2722. If you do not have an account, you can create one to be able to download this manual.

I have not converted a 90-30 to an Rx7i, but I have to an Rx3i.
The addresses did not change, but there can be problems with the nickname of the variable.

There are some instructions that are different, so some of the logic may have to be modified.
There are also newer instructions available that may make you WANT to change the logic. I was able to eliminate some rungs after a conversion because of the newer instructions.

When you convert, a report is generated and shown in the info viewer. Any problems will be listed.

Just FYI, the Rx3i 12-slot backplane fits into the same mounting holes as the 90-30 10-slot backplane.
Also, you can use some 90-30 I/O modules with an Rx3i.
You may consider changing your Rx7i to an Rx3i and make your conversion even smoother.

Can I use this procedure to transfer 90-70 project as well???