Quantum PLC Ethernet Communication drop Issue

jawad rasool

Hi All,
We have just added a Remote IO rack to our Quantum PLC via Remote IO head (CRP93200) and Drop (CRA93200) modules. After these modifications we have observed a random malfunction in our system, the Quantum PLC Ethernet port stops communicating after a random time period, in last week we have faced the problem for 3 times after 22 hours, 72 hours and 48 hours intervals.

While observing the system we came to know that STS LED on 140CPU65160S controller keeps on blinking at the rate of 5, after 5 blinks there is a longer pause in blinking. whereas the COMM LED remains consistent during normal operation and on communication drop the COMM LED starts blinking too.

As per one of Schneider Manual we came to know that STS LED blinking at rate of 5 is some IP address issue on controller.

Please let me know if anyone have came across such problem or have any idea about what going on?

What firmware revisions are your controllers? Unity or concept OS? The quantum range has been around for over 20 years and a lot has changed since the first versions came out.

If your problems are urgent I suggest you contact Schneider technical support. This forum is manned by people who provide free advice when they have time. They are generally busy professionals who have their own problems to deal with too. So getting grumpy when you don't get a response within 5 hours is not doing you any favours!

I love this forum, mainly because it is made up of working professionals interacting and helping others (like myself)

I too had to learn to be patient for a response. It takes time (which I understand many of us in the maintenance field don't have an abundance of) but if the supervisor or even the plant manager expects immediate results for sensitive cases then they will need to learn patience as well.

I thank all of the fellow working pros out there giving their short windows of time to help all of us on the forum. You guys rock! :geek:

@jaywillnot, agreed, which is why its nice to at least get acknowledgement that the advice offered in another thread has been at least explored before starting another one with essentially the same or a seemingly linked issue........

I have a client who just changed their ethernet switch out from a Ruggedcom RSG2300 to a cisco 3850, and immediately thereafter the Quantum PLC which has been in service since 2006 started disappearing from the ethernet every 3-72 hours. The IT department replaced the switch so I don't know what s going on.

If I were you I would start by getting the latest firmwares, OS, for the CPU, co-processor, etc.