Terminal Block Labling

I like how Archie did that. Nice Job!

I do very detailed panel layouts as well. This is in hopes to avoid sloppy work by some of the guy's that were trained by others. It seems to be working for the most part. A couple of guy's still have that "as long as it works" mentality. This is obviously not acceptable to me.

I would like to put this detail in on the sub panel, but don't think I want to do an entire panel in one printed sticker. I'm gonna try self adhesive inkjet/laser sheets and cut as needed with a paper cutter. That should give me what I'm looking for. See how it goes. I use Autocad.

Our terminal block distributor had a machine for marking the plastic markers that fit onto the top of the terminals. Entrelec was the brand. We'd give him a list and in a couple of days he's deliver the marked blocks. As with Archie's method planning was required, but it all looked great. There was some flexibility for changes, and in a pinch we could hand mark some labels.
http://www.entrelecsales.com/terminalblocksfiles/pbmarking.pdf

We actually have a machine similar to that. Not sure what brand it is, but was mothballed years ago. ASI tried for a while to sell me a new one for a wad of cash, but just wasn't going to bite.

Last edited:
Our terminal block distributor had a machine for marking the plastic markers that fit onto the top of the terminals. Entrelec was the brand. We'd give him a list and in a couple of days he's deliver the marked blocks. As with Archie's method planning was required, but it all looked great. There was some flexibility for changes, and in a pinch we could hand mark some labels.
http://www.entrelecsales.com/terminalblocksfiles/pbmarking.pdf

In Phoenix Contact world... I get blank ones like these and use a Phoenix printer to print wire and terminal strip numbers.

We use the Phoenix Contact Bluemark printer. We don't have the latest one which I think is a special LED.

It gets used every day multiple times and does a great job.