MIGRATING PROJECT FROM PANELBUILDER32 TO FT ME v9

IdealDan

Hi experienced Friends!

How can I migrate a project from Panel Builder32 to Factory Talk ME version 9 and make necessary corrections on the scripts?

I'll appreciate your inputs!

Thanks, I will try it and reply. It seems there is no other way except by downloading Tag Conversion Tool?

You don't need to use the tag convert wizard.
That's only if you want to change from HMI tags over to direct reference tags; that's not required.

Friends, I've gone through the Migration pdf Guide BUT still not cleared on procedures for some of the error corrrections, Please I need assistance as I'm stuck right now. STEP BY STEP GUIDE WILL HELP PLEASE. THANKS IN ADVANCE:

1. Tag es temp: Bit Array tags are not supported. Tag will be converted as a memory tag.
RECOMMENDATION ON MIGRATION GUIDE: Change the tag address to a full word address.
WHAT PROCEDURE PLEASE?

2. Screen 2 - GENERAL VIEW: Message display object will be converted to Multistate Indicator object at (224, 88).
RECOMMENDATION ON MIGRATION GUIDE: Message display object in PB32 is same as Multistate Indicator in FT.
WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE?

3. Bit and LSBit triggered alarms that used a Trigger Tag with a Bit data type will only be able to trigger a single alarm after import. WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE?
4. Alarm message Ack option not supported.
WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE
5. Blinking color images are not supported.
RECOMMENDATION ON MIGRATION GUIDE:
FT does not support Blinking colour image.
WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE?

6.Tag pt502: The maximum value for this tag was invalid and has been set to the maximum valid value based on the tag's data type.
RECOMMENDATION ON MIGRATION GUIDE: Verify that the tag data type and maximum value are correct HOW?

7. Screen 3 - 82PK961A_B: Print flag for multistate indicator or message display at (257, 323) not supported.
WHAT SHOULD I DO PLEASE?
I'LL BE GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP

Last edited:
My honest, best advice is that you should hire another person to migrate the project for you.
In the least, each of your questions should be their own post.

If you have a lot of those old PanelViews that need to migrate to FT ME v9, then you need learn and figure this out. There is no best (nor single) answer to your questions.
It matters on your project and what the original designer intended to happen.

Work through 1 issue at a time:
(a) Look at the project in PB32, the specific feature or object
(b) Read the help files on that object and how it works, based on how it was configured
(c) Look at the migrated project in FTV ME, same feature or object
(d) Read the help files and user manual to understand how it works for that feature/object.

My honest, best advice is that you should hire another person to migrate the project for you.

If you have a lot of those old PanelViews that need to migrate to FT ME v9, then you need learn and figure this out. There is no best (nor single) answer to your questions.

(b) Read the help files on that object and how it works, based on how it was configured
(d) Read the help files and user manual to understand how it works for that feature/object.
thanks

Migrating, in my opinion, sucks. The graphics it uses are terrible and the fonts are too. Makes your brand new beautiful PVPlus look like garbage. Just go through each page in your PV and recreate in PVP using modern buttons and objects. Make it look like it was designed to run on a PVP. Just my two cents. Good Luck.

Migrating, in my opinion, sucks. The graphics it uses are terrible and the fonts are too. Makes your brand new beautiful PVPlus look like garbage. Just go through each page in your PV and recreate in PVP using modern buttons and objects. Make it look like it was designed to run on a PVP. Just my two cents. Good Luck.
Thanks Dear

Thanks for your support Bro! and I believe I'm progressing now.
Just confirm this for me please:

On this error: Bit Array tags are not supported. Tag will be converted as a memory tag.
RECOMMENDATION ON MIGRATION GUIDE: Change the tag address to a full word address.
WHAT I DID: In Factory Talk, I opened Tag Dialog Box then under 'DATA TYPE' I choosed INTEGER. Is this correct?

Thanks for your support Bro! and I believe I'm progressing now.
Just confirm this for me please:

On this error: Bit Array tags are not supported. Tag will be converted as a memory tag.
WHAT I DID: In Factory Talk, I opened Tag Dialog Box then under 'DATA TYPE' I choosed INTEGER. Is this correct?

Yes, that's the first step.
Next step is to look at the tag in PanelBuilder and see how it was setup: Ex. exactly which bits was it looking at? How many bits?

Just like Gary said before, take at look at this post for more detail on changing the bit arrays
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=93915

Yes, that's the first step.
Next step is to look at the tag in PanelBuilder and see how it was setup: Ex. exactly which bits was it looking at? How many bits?

Just like Gary said before, take at look at this post for more detail on changing the bit arrays
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=93915
You've really been helpful,
Please I'm trying to open that example BIT ARRAY XML file in that link to have a full understanding but I'm having challenge, How do I open it/which Application?

You've really been helpful,
Please I'm trying to open that example BIT ARRAY XML file in that link to have a full understanding but I'm having challenge, How do I open it/which Application?
OK, I opened it with excel
In that example were you actually saying: state0=value0, state1=value1, state2=value2, state3 should be of value4?