automation direct click plc

irondesk40

Looking at using a Click Basic PLC with Ethernet on some counting applications to count objects entering a certain area and count objects exiting a certain area.
Never used one and did a quick look at the Kepware site and was not sure if they had a OPC server to allow you to be able to remotely connect to the Click PLC and pull data into a Excel file.
Also, how high of a number can you count up to in a counter in Click plc before you would have to reset the counter.

For you application, is it a space issue or $$ issue? I'd go with a BRX because it has many more communication options available and the Do-More software is easier to use. If you get one get a USB POM. Makes connecting to it much easier.

Largest value is a double word (32 bit signed -2,147,483,648 - 2,147,483,647)

The Click supports Modbus TCP so I am sure you can poll it with Kepware drivers. The Click has a double word register too and it is pretty easy to program. I have not tried a BRX yet, but they also look like powerful little beasts.

BRX also does MODBUS TCP.

You can take the Do-More software for a test drive. There is a built in simulator that you can mess with to try out simple concepts.

You might take a look at the Allen Bradley Micro820 ($189.00) Modbus Tcp/Rtu - Ethernet, 4 - (0-10v analog inputs - with 8 digital input - 7 relay outputs - SD Card - Kepware has drivers for this Plc. Software is FREE (CCW)

I have 100's of these out in the field over the last 5 years (No Failures, I think 2 was hit by lightning)

Thanks. main reason is cost. About 400 people/parts entering counter type enclosure to mount in some locations.
Checked with my local distributor and the allen bradley was quoted to me at around $300. 189 would be a good price.
I did contact Kepware and they do have a OPC server for around $500 that can be used to poll each enclosure and import into a excel type file.

just checked out the Click and the Micro820.
Both look very promising as far as cost when that is a big issue.

Can you connect a Maples HMI to these?
Reason I ask is that we have a couple of hundred little test machines that I used the small HMI5043L unit and we may want to use that to display some of the count values if desired since these people/parts counter units will be mounted on some of these machines.

The Maple Hmi5043L is a great choice, I have 100's of these out in the field.

Yes, these are super easy to use with the micro 820/850.

Make sure you are having your AB rep quote you the correct part such as
2080-Lc20-20qwb (This is a Micro 820 without removable terminal block ($189.00))
2080-Lc20-20qwbr (this is a Micro 820 with removable terminal blocks ($279.00))

The Maple has a built in MQTT Publisher!!!

Thanks. Best price i got was $269 without removable blocks
301 with.
Going to order and try but also ordering a Click to test.