Migrating tag history from Wonderware to Ignition

zacslade

Hi all,

Has anyone here ever converted Wonderware tag history and added it to ignition's historical database?

If so, how did you do it? Are there tools available for it? Did it take a lot of time?

Thanks in advance!

I have not, but I'm hanging around to see because I'm hoping to talk a major client into switching from Wonderware to Ignition.

You won't regret it ;)

best method would be to get the wonderware data into a db table if it isnt already. then you will need to build a cross reference between the ignition tagname and the wonderware tagname. then ignition has a scripting call to store data, you will have to write a python script to collect the data for each tag and then use the scripting function to store the tag history. I havent done it but that is the method I would use if I were going to.

best method would be to get the wonderware data into a db table if it isnt already. then you will need to build a cross reference between the ignition tagname and the wonderware tagname. then ignition has a scripting call to store data, you will have to write a python script to collect the data for each tag and then use the scripting function to store the tag history. I havent done it but that is the method I would use if I were going to.
Why would you have to write a script to collect historical data on a tag? In ignition it's as easy as checking a box to enable tag history (and a handful of other parameters). Or am I misunderstanding you?

Why would you have to write a script to collect historical data on a tag? In ignition it's as easy as checking a box to enable tag history (and a handful of other parameters). Or am I misunderstanding you?

I think diat150 was talking about importing the WW historian data. Looks like he went through the same thing according to this Ignition forum thread from 2012