MicroLogix 1200 Communication using

jawad rasool

Hello All,

We have a MicroLogix 1200 series controller on a package in our plant. We need to connect a serial device to MicroLogix 1200 for monitoring in CCR.

There are two ports on MicroLogix 1200;
1) Primary Port (Channel 0)
2) Programmer/HMI Port

Primary Port is already used by Panel View 300, so we can only use Programmer/HMI Port to connect the new device.

Programmer/HMI Port communicates on DF1 protocol only, so we'll need a AIC+ converter to convert DF1 protocol into RS232 and this RS232 will be transmitted to personal computer over a serial link.

Now I'm trying to access the controller using Programmer/HMI Port alongwith AIC+ converter but Programmer/HMI Port gives nothing.

What can be the reason behind it? Anyone please help!!!

Please do confirm either we can use the both ports at the same time in MicroLogix 1200.??

if i'm correct prog/HMI port cannot be changed. maybe you should reverse sides and connect Panel view to prog/HMI port and use primary port for AIC o_O

You do not need an AIC+ interface converter to connect the Programming/HMI port of the MicroLogix 1200 to a PC. It won't hurt anything to use it, but it is not necessary.

Any ordinary RS-232 port on a PC will work, plus a 1761-CBL-PM02 serial cable.

The Programming/HMI port is built to run at the same time but separately from the Channel 0 serial port. That is specifically what it is designed to do.

What precisely is the "CCR" you refer to that will be monitoring the PLC ?

If you mean "CCW", the Connected Components Workbench software from Allen-Bradley, that is the wrong software. That supports the "Micro 800" series of controllers. Only RSLogix 500 software supports the MicroLogix 1200.

"CCR" stands for Central Control room..

I've checked the option of swapping the ports but the PV doesn't support DF1 protocol, swapping the ports will require changing the PV as well.

Now I've single port available and I've connect PV as well as I need to access data from controller on modbus.

Any topology which comes to your mind buddies... ???

"CCR" stands for Central Control room..

I've checked the option of swapping the ports but the PV doesn't support DF1 protocol, swapping the ports will require changing the PV as well.

Now I've single port available and I've connect PV as well as I need to access data from controller on modbus.

Any topology which comes to your mind buddies... ???

Your other thread says you have a PV300 Micro, if that is true the protocol for it can be changed with firmware. See pdf below