update rslinx to 2.4

g52

G
Hi
I have rslogix 5.00 ver. with rslinx 2.2. Now i want to update rslinx from 2.2 to 2.42. My question is if have to uninstall the old ver. as specified on web or it will update old 2.2 ver.to 2.42 automatically.

I don't think the canned install routine will run without uninstalling first. That is certainly the case with Logix, though I can't say I ever tried with Linx. If Rockwell recommends uninstalling the old one first, that's what I think you should do.

Marc

If you use the canned installation routine it will ask if you want the older version removed. If you answer no to this it will not install the newer version. If you answer yes to this it will begin the uninstall routine to remove the older version. The next question or actually a statement to the effect "you may wish to backup your configuration file" or something to that nature, I would suggest make the back up and then restore the config data using the RSLINX utilities provided, it will save some time having to reconfigure all of the drivers.

Bitmore

I have RSlinx 2.20.02 installed on PC and I want to upgrade to version 2.4 ... my question is: Can I download this version free or I have to buy this?

and if I can download free ... where can I do it from?

The web update will probably give you 2.43. That's what I'm running. I think it makes you uninstall the previous version before the new one will even install.