AB communication cable

indra

I have AB CPU type SLC500 and MICROLOGIX1000 with SOFTWARE RSLOGIX500. Does anyone knows WHAT IS THE RIGHT PART NUMBER OR TYPE OF COMMUNICATION CABLE THAT I HAVE TO BUY ? because I want to check ONLINE between SLC500 or MICROLOGIX1000 with using RSLOGIX500 software to my serial port RS232 ( COM1 ) in my notebook. Do I have to buy special type communication cable for each CPU type ?
I also want to download the modify program to the CPU SLC500 with using RSLOGIX500 but I do not know how to transfer it ?

Regards,

INDRA

The ML 1000 will require the cable from Allen Bradley. The SLC is a female - female serial cable, you can find the pinout if you google it.

For the MicroLogix, you will need a 1761-CBL-PM02 cable.

For the SLC-5/0x controllers (5/03, 5/04, and 5/05) you can use a 1747-CP3 cable or an equivalent null-modem RS-232 cable.

As for "how to I download".... start reading the Help files, or clicking on the "Communications" menu and you should be able to figure it out.

Thank you very much for your info. Anyway, can I make ONLINE EDIT with RSLOGIX500 and cpu SLC500 ?
Do you know where I can get the manual instruction / manual programming of RSLOGIX500 software, maybe in PDF file.

Which SLC500 do you have?
If you have a fixed IO SLC500, a SLC5/01, or a SLC5/02 you will need to 1747-PIC or a 1747-UIC adaptor to adapt to the DH485 port on the SLC. SLC 5/03s and above have a regular serial port. If you have a SLC5/05 you have an ethernet port.

You can perform online editing only in the SLC5/03 /04 and /05 processors.

Personal opinion

You are not qualified nor never will be. If you had a clue then you could easily determine which cable/adapter is needed.

If it sounds harsh...so be it.

As I stated it was personal opinion, last I heard I could state that.

If a person is in a position that requires programming ANY BRAND PLC...I hope they are capable of determining what is needed to install the program.

Again...personal opinion...that means students too...what have they learned if they can not find the cable etc needed?

Having problems connecting is different...not RTFM to learn how to connect is another.

Just personal opinion.

hi, Alaric

I am not sure what kind of CPU I have because on the label I just get data as follows :

SLC500
PROCESSOR UNIT
30 I/O ( 12 output & 18 input )
1747-L30A

Please inform me what type of CPU is it ? At the moment I use 1747-PIC ( converter box ) for communication between my serial port and this CPU with RSLOGIX500 software.

You have a AC line powered fixed i/o SLC500 featuring (18) 120vAC inputs and (12) relay outputs. This product is on AB's Silver Series List and is not recommended for new applications. It can be traded in for a 10-15% credit toward a upgrade (15% toward a Micrologix 1000).