ControlLogix New Task and ladder

Christoph

I created a new program task under that I created 2 ladder files. My first ladder does not have the 1 flag in the ladder icon designating it is the scanned ladder. I can not find a way to make a scanned ladder. What am I doing wrong ??o_O

At configuration time only of any Program you will have to designate one of the newly created routines (ladder files) as the "Main" routine (Assignment); within a Logix system, only the "Main" routine will be automatically scanned (it is the equivalent of LAD.2 for the PLC/SLC systems); there (within the "Main" designated routine)you will have to JSR to the respective Program's other routines.
In your case, since you cannot assign the Main status to an already created routine, I would add another ladder type routine, this time specifying the "Main" type at configuration time; once in the project tree, within the newly created Main ladder logic routine, add two rungs each containing a JSR instruction "pointing" to the previously created two routines.
You could also delete one of them and then re-add it, this time with a "Main" assignment.

Last edited:
Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do, I believe you can change the main routine after you have made them. Right click on the program that you want to change the main routine for -> Select the Configuration tab -> select the routine you want to be the main routine from the "Main" drop down box.

MainProgram.JPG

And where is this assighnment as the main ladder file happen at?
I created a new program and created a new ladder and saw no option to make it a main ladder!

In the lower right corner of the routine configurator under Assignment; your choices are None, Main or Fault.
Or, as it has been suggested, you could designate "Main" status to any configured routine, within the respective Program's Properities, Configuration tab.

And where is this assighnment as the main ladder file happen at?
I created a new program and created a new ladder and saw no option to make it a main ladder!

Right click on the program folder and select properties. What version of RSLogix5000 are you using?

MainProgram.JPG