RSlogix5000 Tag Properties Edit Pop-Up Window

tm_0405

Hi Everybody,

I have been using RSlogix5000 for quite a while and did a few big projects. One thing is annoying me, when I right click a tag to edit it,Tag Properties Edit Pop-Up Window is always at the upper left side right under the navigator window. I always have to drag it to somewhere in order to see it.

Any solution?

Thanks

A quick-fix you could try using is to 'Alt+0' close the Controller Organizer window when you're editing your tags. That way you can quickly see the Tag Properties window without having to drag it into clear view. You can then 'Alt+0' the Controller Organizer back open when you need to navigate elsewhere in the project. You can also toggle the Controller Organizer from an icon button at the top. It has a little folder structure icon, or from the 'View' menu.

I assume you mean it's like the attached screenshot where it's behind the Controller Organizer window? I just did that manually to take the screenshot. If I leave it there and close the window, then reopen it, it displays normally again, in clear view.

Hmm, that is strange. The Tag Properties window should "see" the Controller Organizer window as being open. This should force the Tag Properties window to always align itself somewhere to the right of the Controller Organizer window.

The windows for the Tag Properties in RSLogix 5000 are displayed similarly to how they are displayed in a Windows OS when selected to cascade i.e. stacked diagonally starting from the top left corner with an overlap the height and width of the windows title bar. A Tag Properties window should always open in one of the cascade positions, depending on how many you have had open already. They should always open inside the boundaries of the top of the open Tag Editor window and the right hand side of the open Controller Organizer window. You can drag them around and into obscure positions, as I have done, but if you close one, and reopen it, it should always reopen within the stated boundaries so as to be in clear view. When the Controller Organizer window is not open, the Tag Properties windows will align themselves to the far left, where the Controller Organizer usually sits.

It would appear as though the Tag Properties windows is ignoring, or not seeing the Controller Organizer window as being open, and so opens underneath it.

The above quick-fix might do you, but another thing you can try is to reset RSLogix 5000 to defaults...

Registry reset for the RSLogix 5000 software. This will bring it to factory default settings.
  1. Hold Down the [Shift]+[Ctrl] keys.
  2. Keep pressing them, and start the RSLogix 5000 software.
  3. Keep pressing the keys until the Start Screen comes up.
  4. Release the [Shift]+[Ctrl].
Regards,
George

Tag_Properties_Window.jpg

Thanks, George

Yes, I got you.

I have been using CX-P and RSlogix5000 with many projects. To tell you the truth, I really hate AB, I guess people who here praise AB the best seldom used CX-P.

Regards.

For me personally, I don't love nor hate them.

My relationship with them is more a marraige of convenience, but who it's more convenient for, I haven't quite figured out yet?

G.