Omron CS1G Shows COMM but PLC failed to connect

valerianlin

Hi all,
I just had a question about the CS1G CPU43 and a on a time restraint. I have read the manual and found that to connect to this I need a CS1W-CIF31 an a XW2Z-500S-CV 9 pin female and male. Unfortunately I don't have the CS1W-CIF31 so I used a third party connector a sabrent usb to serial connector. After installing the drivers for the usb converter I plug it in and the indicator PRPHL/COMM lights up yellow, so I know I am using the correct cable. When I click auto connect on CX-Programmer, the PRPHL/COMM starts blinking which means the two devices are trying to communicate with each other but I am still getting a PLC failed to connect. I also connected the PLC directly to the PC using the XW2Z-500S-VC but had the same problem so I don't believe the usb converter is the issue here. Do you have any solutions to this problem? Manually connecting via cx-programmer does not work as well. I am running the latest CX-Pogrammer trial version on windows 7.

Thank You.

Hi gclshortt,
Thanks for replying. For now I'll use the windows 7 pc to try and connect when I get back to school. This is odd because the COMMS indicator is lightning up and blinks when I try to auto connect. I have already set all the settings to default, and made sure the port settings in device manager matched the toolbus default settings when I use manual connect.