How to upload backup program from op7 to my pc

Saudi jamal

Hi guys,
I was trying to upload the program from op7 to my pc but I was not successful. When i am trying to upload the program this time op screen showing PROTOCOLL ERROR 0003.
I don't understand why this error coming. If anyone has any idea please help me to solve this issue.
Kind regards.
ju

Hi guys,
I was trying to upload the program from op7 to my pc but I was not successful. When i am trying to upload the program this time op screen showing PROTOCOLL ERROR 0003.
I don't understand why this error coming. If anyone has any idea please help me to solve this issue.
Kind regards.
ju

Check the cable

3------------------------3
4------------------------2
12----------------------5
15 pin--------------- 9 pin
male conn-------- female conn

You can only use the Prosave software to take a backup of the OP7, and this backup cannot be opened by Protool nor WinCC flexible. The OP7 must say "READY FOR TRANSFER" before you can take the backup.

To get to READY FOR TRANSFER:

1) Power off the OP7
2) Press and hold the UP arrow and ESC at the same time
3) While holding the UP arrow and ESC keys, power on the OP7 until you see "READY FOR TRANSFER"

You can only use the Prosave software to take a backup of the OP7, and this backup cannot be opened by Protool nor WinCC flexible. The OP7 must say "READY FOR TRANSFER" before you can take the backup.

To get to READY FOR TRANSFER:

1) Power off the OP7
2) Press and hold the UP arrow and ESC at the same time
3) While holding the UP arrow and ESC keys, power on the OP7 until you see "READY FOR TRANSFER"

Hello sigmadelta,
i follow your instruction but when I communicate with op then I see op screen showing PROTOCOLL ERROR 0003 and I am a failure to communicate and not possible to upload the program.
Please support and help me to solve this issue.
Kind regards.
ju

PS: make sure your cable is like this pinout

Hello Sigmadelta,
Thanks for your reply.
I made the cable as same as your picture but still same problem PROTOCOLL ERROR 0003. We have 7 no of op7 dp.I tried all of them and facing the same problem.
I fixed usb serial cable first then joint my made cable socket and serial cable male and 15 pin male plug fixed the op side.
This serial cable brand name is prolife and I purchase it from the local market.
Tomorrow I will send you a lot of pictures. Please wait and support and guide me to solve the issue.
Kind regards.
ju

PS: make sure your cable is like this pinout

Hello,
Yes, I think you're correct but what can I do now. My simatic field pg there is no 9 pin male plug. If there is 9 pin male plug may be I was able to connect direct pc to op without usb converter.
At the moment how do I solve the issue? kindly suggest.

I have one computer which is windows 10 and I see it has a serial cable male plug. This computer I have to installed PROSAVE software which is version 15.

My question is can I installed pro save software version 15 to these computers.
Kindly may I ask your suggest.