Siemens Servo motor and another brand servo Drive

md.abdullah

Dear All,

I have a machine of stone cutting CNC. with Siemens 810D system.

I am very tired to maintain(Servo drive failure) it now wants to switch another PLC based system with limited facilities.
So i want to change the servo drive but i want to keep the servo motor(IFK6 series).
Does it possible i can run Siemens servo motor with any another servo drive

thank you

Dear Abdalla

It looks like a Simotion C230 or C240 Controller.
Simotion C is combination of a PLC a Servo Controller, the Simodrive is the Amplifier, but as I recall in the parameters of the Simodrive , one of the parameters saves the motor type(Motor part number)

I doubt that you can use a different drive for a Siemens Servo motor.

Regards
Hgos

No. That’s not Simotion.

The ET200M I/O is being controlled from the 810.
You Can retrofit this with an Siemens S120 system but the axis coordination is a different story.
Since this current system is a CNC controller... how do you want to simplify it?
I think that is what you mean...

I believe that motor is Permanente Magnet with an encoder
I just replaced one myself. in my case the drive went but we were not sure if the motor was still goon PM motors have a habit of losing their magnetizem we ended up replacing both with a flux vector drive and motor, a lot less cost then repairing them
it worked out great no problems at all
I am assuming that this is a main feeder drive. I would look at doing the same thing if it were me.

I have attached Siemens Servo motor and its vfd which is currently running.
Any other Idea to run these motors with any other VFD of Siemens or any other Brand.

Capture.JPG