Beginner: rslogix500 issues

gouldmx01

Hey guys, so im attempting to edit a rung online, all i need to do is delete a parallel branch that was temporarily bypassing a

.... when i delete it and go to accept my edits a pop up says that its unable to do the edit and forces me offline.
its talking to a slc 5/05... and obviously im very new so i wanted to ask here before i tampered with things too much, anyways thanks for the help!!

**edit so after deleting the parallel branch i right clicked my rung and 'varified' the rung. this enabled to to accept my edit, and test...however upon compiling the edits a new pop came up and said it failed, forcing me offline again.

Last edited:
This sounds a lot like the "maximum CIP connections" setting for the RSLinx Classic EtherNet/IP driver issue that could cause failed edits in the SLC-5/05 and the MicroLogix 1100.

In the driver configuration go to CIP Options, and set the Maximum Fast Messaging Connections and Maximum Slow Messaging Connections fields both to 1.

Or, configure and use the classic Ethernet Devices driver instead.

Hey I appreciate such a speedy reply, now the next problem is, my max 'fast' messaging is set to 4 and my slow messaging is set to 2. Would you still recommend setting both these options to a 1? thanks again, I appreciate you spreading your knowledge!

I have seen that when there is a MSG on that same rung and you aren't allowed to edit rungs that contain a select few commands while online. MSG is one , I can't recall the others atm.
You have to edit and re-download the program in those cases.