Medoc forced coils

Eric

I have used three software packages for Mitsubishi but my favorite GX_Developer I can't use as the lap-top is only a 486 with 8 meg of ram so I have had to go back to Medoc, FxGPWin I can't use as only one serial port and FXGPWin needs a mouse. Most things I can do with Medoc2.30 just one thing I can't remember how to do. Force a coil. With GX_Developer I have many times forced a coil to test a program and I am aware of the dangers but I have read the Medoc book again and again and can't find force command.
Thanks Eric

I converted to using GX Developer this last year after many using Medoc. As I recall, use <F8> to enter monitor mode, hit <F7> (in monitor mode, <F7> has a different function than in edit mode)and a display box will appear. Enter the address of the coil you want to force. Press enter. Then you can force coils (as long as they are not used as outputs somewhere else in the program) using the <Space Bar>. If you want to change data registers, hit <F7>, enter data register address, enter new value (w/o the 'K') and press <ENTER>.

I had to set up a demo to remind myself of the above, so I know it works.

My previous reply, apparently uses illegal symbols so I'll recap:

Use F8 to enter monitor mode.
Use F7 to bring up display window and enter coil address to be forced.
Press Enter.
Toggle force using the Space Bar.
For data registers, after F7, enter register number.
Press Enter.
Enter new value (w/o the "K").
Press Enter.

Again, if a coil is used as an output in the program, the force will not happen.

... rab