Micrologix 1500 to PV 1000e

VRBASGRAD

Can somebody tell me what kind of device I need so I can communicate between Micrologix 1500 and Panel View 1000e?

In addition, I have great problem with PV trying it to communicate with my PC I am using serial cable ORIGINAL AB but my RS Linx does not see it. I have PV 1000 and there is no problem with communication, in PV 1000 I can go to configuration mode by pressing small white square in lover right corner in PV 1000 I can go to configuration mode by switching from run to configuration mode on the back of the PV using g Key but I am not able to enable or disable Printer which is problem because it is using serial port.

Does anybody had similar problem and he/she is whishing to share that information with me.

Thx Vrbasgrad

Whats the part number of the panelview ?

You state both a 1000e and a 1000 these are quite different.

I think he is saying he has a PV1000 that he can communicate with but having problems with PV1000e. I am not positive but I think you need Panelbuilder 1400e software to connect to a PV 1000e using a 2711-NC13 cable connected to the RS232 port.

As requested please state the part number of the PV and what software you have.

My problem is PV 1000e not the PV 1000. Using same settings I can see PV 1000 in my RS Linx but I can’t see my PV 1000e so I am wondering is there any another procedure for setting up PV 1000e. I am using 2711-NC13 cable and I just want to make sure I can see it in my RS Linx.

Thx Everyone

If you are using PB 1400e I don't believe it uses RsLinx for communications. I believe it has its own serial driver. If this is the case then you would need to stop your DF1 driver in RsLinx before PB 1400e could take control of the serial port

I did stop my DF1 and I did shut down my RS Linx and I still have problem cominicating with PV 1000e, by the way I am using Transfer Utility for comunication

What version of Pb your using, what your PC OS? check this below

Standard serial drivers included in Windows cannot be used
by PanelView e Transfer Utility 32 at the same time as the
serial DF1 driver is running in RSLinx. To use the standard
serial drivers, you must do one of the following:
a) Delete the DF1 Driver from the configured drivers list
in RSLinx,
b) Close RSLinx once it starts automatically, or
c) Change the file ROCKSOFT.INI to prevent RSLinx from
starting automatically when PanelView e Transfer
Utility 32 is started. A semicolon ';' must be added
at the start of the line