Using DDE with Excel installed on other pc

mulderm

Hello,

I have RSLogix5 with RSLinx Professional and Excel on the same pc
with a Data Highway Plus network using a PLC-5 processor.
I use DDE to do some write/read data from PLC-5 to Excel.
Now I want use DDE with Excel installed on an other pc because I
want the program software (RSLogix5),for security,installed on 1 pc.
How must I this realise?
Must I install RSLinx on the 2 computers?
Must I use a 1770-kf2 interface on the pc where Excel is installed for
convert RS232 to DH+?
Who knows the answer?

Greetings,

mulderm

I use the RSLinx Gateway and connect the computers with TCP/IP address and added Enet cards. Your host computer can drill down in to any RSLinx process and DDE link.

!!Cool Stuff!!

I trying to do something very similar, i could get a very good use to the idea of using the Ethernet, but only have a RSLinx Profesional version, can i still do this? If not, what can i do? I thinking about the use of a DDE server comunicating to a DDE client (thinked in Delphi), but i need to make it available to a Ethernet network. Can u recomend me something?

Hi mulderm,

You can use the OPC source code I sent you to set up a link to RSLinx. You can use OPC from withing your Excel the same way you use it in a stand-alone VB application. Add RSLinx to references and away you go.

Good Luck,

If you've got any questions feel free to email me in the office.

(8{)} ( .)

(Yosi)