Symbol Import

PLATIPUS

P
HI ! I JUST UPLOADED FROM A SLC5/04 A NEWER VERSION OF THE ORIGINAL PROGRAM.COMMENTS AND NAMES OF COURSE R MISSING. HOW DO I IMPORT THEM WITH RS500 ?

I had the same problem (if I'm reading your post correctly) and the fine people here answered the question. See my post, RSLogix 500 Documentation dated 8-1-02.

There are two ways that I use, (possibly more) depending on a lot of information that you have not provided.

If you have an offline file of the program with documentation:

Method #1

1. Delete all offline files associated with this particular processor that do not have documentation.
2. Attempt online again.
3. When you get to the go online pop-up screen, select "Upload, use file" (if a file is found)

Method #2

1. Open the documented offline file in RSLogix500.
2. Goto "Tools">"Database">"ASCII Export"
3. Save the files as RSLogix500 type in a folder you will be able to easily find later.
4. Close this file.
5. Open the saved file "A NEWER VERSION OF THE ORIGINAL PROGRAM" as you call it.
5. Goto "Tools">"Database">"ASCII Import"
6. Browse for the files saved in step 3 above.
7. When these files are found, Highlight and click ok Repeat this 3 or 4 times, until all of the ascii files have been imported.
8. Done

If you do not have a documented offline file, you will have to find one, or start typing :)

Last edited: