CPT in RSLogix 5000

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am having problems with (invalid expression or tag)
I want to do the following:
Cut_Count[1].ACC
multiplied buy
Read_Data[0]
multiplied by
divided by
Where Cut_Count[1].ACC = My sheet counter accumulate
Read_Data[0] = my web width data in inches
31.5 = my cut length constant in inches
144 to get square feet

I tried several ways and once had it ok but had the multiply - divide wrong so I figured my tags were valid and its not showing me a bracketing error
here is what I thought it should be
(31.5*(Cut_Count[1].ACC*Read_Data[0]))|144

what am I not doing right?
thanks

First off, while the SLC & PLC-5 used the pipe ('|') as the division symbol, ControlLogix uses the slash ('/').

Second, What is the data type of your tag Read_Data ? If it's anything other than a DINT[x], Real[x], INT[x], or SINT[x], then that's where your trouble is.

It is a Real
I see that if I do
(Read_Data[0]*Cut_Count[1].ACC)*31.5
it is ok so it must be using the wrong divide by sign Ill try that
Thanks for the quick responce

Thanks I now know its a "/" not a "|"
For some reason my RSLogix 5000 Is missing the "Instruction Help" it says was not downloaded