FactoryTalk View - Alarm bar

freju

Hi all,

I'm working with FactoryTalk View Studio and PnelView Plus 7 Standard. I modified standard display [ALARMS] and now it is only a red bar which displays current alarm and is placed on Global Object and displayed on all displays. I have 2 problems with it:

1) I don't want to see alarm bar during application startup (when initial screen is displayed). So I make an animation to this bar and made it invisible when display number is equal to initial display number. The effect is that alarm bar is greyed out but it still displayed on initial screen. How can I make it totally invisible?

2) Alarm bar can display only one alarm. But when new alarm is triggered and old alarm is active, new alarm is not displayed on bar. Is there a possibility to replace old active alarm with new active alarm?

1) if your display number is a PLC tag, until the application connects to the PLC, the animation function will not know whether or not to evaluate as true, and so will grey itself out. I can't think of a workaround off the top of my head, but if I think of one I'll come back...

2) There are a couple of settings to do with the alarm bar that affect this sort of thing - "queue new alarms" is one of them. I've not played with them extensively enough to be able to tell you exactly what you need to do here, but if you experiment with those settings you might work out a way to do what you want